This Atelier Make Project-Kit contains the tools and materials you will need to create a set of 4 coffee mugs in the comfort of your own home. This project can be done alone or together with a friend or family member in your household.
Here's how it works:
- You will receive a link to a detailed instructional video guiding you through each of the steps involved with making a set of 4 porcelain mugs using Atelier Make's signature handbuilding techniques. If you have any questions along the way we are available by telephone to answer technical questions.
- Once your mugs are complete you pack them back into the box we sent you, and drop it off at Atelier Make.
- The Atelier Make team will fire your mugs and glaze them with a transparent glaze. We will contact you when your mugs are ready to pick up (3-4 weeks after drop off).
What's Included in this kit:
- 6 lbs of porcelain – enough to make 4 mugs, plus a little extra
- Tools on loan : 1 smooth metal rib, 1 serrated metal rib, 1 exacto knife, 1 sponge, 1 paint brush, 5 mini-pots of underglaze for decorating your mugs. (All kits must be returned to Atelier Make by January 31, 2023).
- Paper for creating your pattern/template
- Glazing and firing of your pieces once they are done
What you need at home:
- Rolling Pin
- small bowl of water
- Un-varnished wood surface (cutting board or plywood works well)